Registration for AC Day 1 opens on July 24.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
AC Day 1 is Step 2 of the College Orientation experience for full-time, first year Fall students at the Ottawa campus.
Please note, classes will be suspended on September 4 so that you can attend AC Day 1. Your regular schedule will resume after this date (please refer to your timetable on ACSIS).
AC Day 1 is your first day of school and where the campus comes alive for one of the biggest days of the year! This is your chance to get to know the Algonquin campus and culture, build your support network, and take part in social activities.
- Program Orientation (this is where you will get a feel for your program and meet your profs and classmates)
- A huge evening performance (stay tuned for details!)
- Fun social activities
- Assistance finding your way around campus
- Support from ITS and Brightspace at mobile desks around campus if you’re having trouble with online resources, such as ACSIS, Live@AC, and Brightspace – these are the online tools you’ll use to access Wi-Fi, timetables, email, eTexts, grades, and more
- Learning about volunteer opportunities and taking part in an on-campus Community Project
- And so much more!
You’ll be able to check out the full list of AC Day 1 Activities when registration opens on July 24!
Please note, students with the Centre for Continuing and Online Learning do not need to attend AC Day 1 and will instead attend their own Online Learning Orientation.
Be sure to register for AC Start as well!
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ORIENTATION IS FOR FULL-TIME, FIRST YEAR FALL STUDENTS AT THE OTTAWA CAMPUS ONLY!***