Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Full-time, Level 1 Winter intake students at the Ottawa campus begin their time at Algonquin College on Tuesday, January 16, at AC Day 1.
Between your regularly scheduled classes (follow your timetable on ACSIS for this day), you can explore a variety of academic resources and social activities. Spend less time searching for your classrooms and setting up your email, and more time learning and meeting new people!
Watch the video to see what’s in store for AC Day 1!
- Program Orientation, where you will get to know your professors and the other students (Program Orientation will take place during your regularly scheduled classes. Please follow your timetable on ACSIS, which will be available starting December 22)
- Getting set up on Blackboard, email, and Wi-Fi
- Social activities (laser tag, archery tag, snowshoeing, and more)
- Learning about volunteer opportunities and taking part in an on-campus Community Project
- Getting your AC Card/U-Pass
- Information about eTexts and the online tools you will need to access timetables and grades (plus tech support if you run into any issues)
- An evening comedy show with the hilarious Gerry Dee (Mr. D) and K. Trevor Wilson (Letterkenny) – tickets are only $5 for Algonquin students!
Check out the full schedule of activities
(In case you missed it, learn about the difference between AC Start and AC Day 1 here, and why it’s important to attend both.)
Please note, students with the Centre for Continuing and Online Learning do not need to attend AC Day 1 and will instead attend their own Online Learning Orientation.
If you have purchased an Algonquin parking permit, please park in your designated area (Lot 8, 9, or 12). If you do not have a permit, limited parking will be available in the Visitor’s Parking Lot (Lot 7), for a fee. Click here for Parking Map.
AC Card and U-Pass
Beat the lines! Get your AC Card and U-Pass (transit card)
Starting December 22, you can submit your photo online and avoid the lines! Once you receive an email saying your cards are ready for pick up, you can head to the Express Line at AC Day 1 on Tuesday, January 16, at Marketplace Food Court. (Returning students do not need to submit a new photo.) Learn more on the Card Services website.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ORIENTATION IS FOR OTTAWA CAMPUS, LEVEL 1 WINTER INTAKE STUDENTS (FULL-TIME) ONLY!***