Monday, May 7, 2018
Full-time, Level 1 Spring intake students at the Ottawa campus begin their time at Algonquin College on Monday, May 7, at AC Day 1.
Please note, classes will be suspended from 8:00am-1:00pm on May 7 so that you can attend AC Day 1. Your regular schedule will resume after 1:00pm (please refer to your timetable on ACSIS).
AC Day 1 is your opportunity to explore a variety of academic resources and social activities. Spend less time searching for your classrooms and setting up your email, and more time learning and meeting new people!
- Program Orientation, where you will get to know your professors and classmates
- Getting set up on Blackboard/Brightspace, email, and Wi-Fi
- Social activities
- Learning about volunteer opportunities and taking part in an on-campus Community Project
- Getting your AC Card/U-Pass
- Information about eTexts and the online tools you will need to access timetables and grades (plus tech support if you run into any issues)
Check out the AC Day 1 Activities
(In case you missed it, learn about the difference between AC Start and AC Day 1 here, and why it’s important to attend both.)
Please note, students with the Centre for Continuing and Online Learning do not need to attend AC Day 1 and will instead attend their own Online Learning Orientation.
If you have purchased an Algonquin parking permit, please park in your designated area (Lot 8, 9, or 12). If you do not have a permit, limited parking will be available in the Visitor’s Parking Lot (Lot 7), for a fee. Click here for Parking Map.
AC Card and U-Pass
Get your AC Card (student ID) and U-Pass (transit card)
Submit your photo online after April 17 and pick up your cards in Room E120 at AC Day 1. For more information and pickup hours, visit the Card Services website.
Be sure to register for AC Start as well!
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ORIENTATION IS FOR OTTAWA CAMPUS, LEVEL 1 SPRING INTAKE STUDENTS (FULL-TIME) ONLY!***