Upper Year Students! We Need Your Help at AC Day 1!
Here at Algonquin College, we are getting ready to welcome new students during AC Day 1 (as part of Orientation) on Tuesday, September 4, and we need your help! We are looking for volunteers to support us in a variety of areas: set up, greeters, way finding, welcome and information tables, and much more.
Check out detailed descriptions of the Volunteer Roles
So, why should you volunteer with the AC Hub for AC Day 1? Here are just a few reasons:
- Represent Algonquin College
- Meet new people
- Make new students feel welcome (remember how you felt on your first day?)
- Take part in a recognized Co-Curricular Record activity
- Complimentary volunteer T-shirt
Volunteer shifts will be available from 6:30am-6:00pm on AC Day 1. All students who volunteer for AC Day 1 are required to attend a mandatory 1.5 hour training session and will be asked to confirm their availability during the training. Please bring a laptop to the training, as there will be an interactive Brightspace session incorporated.
Training Dates (rooms TBA):
- Tuesday, August 28, 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Thursday, August 30, 10:00am-11:30am
- Saturday, September 1, 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Monday, September 3, 11:00am-12:30pm
Your participation in AC Day 1 will be tracked on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR). To learn more about your CCR, visit: algonquincollege.com/ccr
Have questions? Contact email@example.com.
Interested in Volunteering for Fall 2018 AC Start and AC Day 1?
Students and employees can fill out the online form to express their interest in volunteering at AC Start and AC Day 1 for Fall 2018! We will reach out to you over the summer regarding training dates.