Upper Year Students! We Need Your Help at AC Day 1!
Here at Algonquin College, we are getting ready to welcome new students during AC Day 1 (as part of Orientation) on Tuesday, September 4, and we need your help! We are looking for volunteers to support us in a variety of areas: set up, greeters, way finding, welcome and information tables, and much more.
Check out detailed descriptions of the Volunteer Roles
Here are 5 reasons why you should volunteer for AC Day 1:
- Meet new people
- Make new students feel welcome (remember how you felt on your first day?) and introduce them to the Algonquin College culture
- Take part in a recognized Co-Curricular Record activity
- Get a sweet volunteer T-shirt to show off your AC pride
- See a Redblacks game with your fellow volunteers – our way of saying thank you for your participation!
Volunteer shifts will be available from 6:30am-6:00pm on AC Day 1. All students who volunteer for AC Day 1 are required to attend a mandatory 1.5 hour training session and will be asked to confirm their availability during the training. Please bring a laptop to the training, as there will be an interactive Brightspace session incorporated.
Training Dates & Locations:
- Tuesday, August 21, 5:00pm-6:30pm • Room C346
- Thursday, August 23, 5:00pm-6:30pm • Room C346
- Tuesday, August 28, 2:00pm-3:30pm • Room C144
- Thursday, August 30, 10:00am-11:30am • Room C144
- Saturday, September 1, 2:00pm-3:30pm • Room C144
- Monday, September 3, 11:00am-12:30pm • Room C144
Your participation in AC Day 1 will be tracked on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR). To learn more about your CCR, visit: algonquincollege.com/ccr
Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.