Upper Year Students! We Need Your Help at AC Day 1!
Here at Algonquin College, we are getting ready to welcome new students during AC Day 1 (as part of Orientation) on Tuesday, September 5, and we need your help! (Please note, all classes on this date are suspended for all students so that upper year students can volunteer.) We are looking for volunteers to support us in a variety of areas: set up, greeters, way finding, welcome and information tables, and much more.
So, why should you volunteer with the AC Hub for AC Day 1? Here are just a few reasons:
- Represent Algonquin College
- Meet new people
- Make new students feel welcome (remember how you felt on your first day?)
- Take part in a recognized Co-Curricular Record activity
- Complimentary volunteer T-shirt
Please note, all students who volunteer for AC Day 1 are required to attend a mandatory one-hour training session. Training sessions will be offered:
- Monday, August 21 (10am-11am in Room CA105)
- Friday, August 25 (5pm-6pm in Room CA105)
- Saturday, August 26 (11am-12pm in Room CA105)
- Tuesday, August 29 (10am-11am – H102)
- Monday, September 4 (10am-11am – T102)
- Monday, September 4 (2pm-3pm – T102)
Room locations subject to change. You will be contacted with the most recent information if there is an update.
Have questions? Contact email@example.com.